Before you can connect to the network point in your office you need to ensure your machine is registered to work on the University network. To register your machine you need to send a network name registration form to the IT Service Desk to register your MAC address and details on how to do this are provided below. The MAC address is a unique code for the network card in your computer.
Finding your Mac Address
1) From the Apple menu select System Preferences
2) From the Internet & Network section select the Network preference item.
3) Select the Ethernet section on the left then click on Advanced.
4) Select the Ethernet tab.
5) The Ethernet ID is the mac address of your wired network adaptor. (see image below)
6) You will need to go to the Network Name registration page (you can do this by following the link on the right of this page) and complete the online form to register your network card
You will be sent an email once the registration is complete.
Once the machine is registered you will need to configure the network proxies (you can do this by following the link on the right of this page) so that you can get access to external websites in the Apple web browser, Safari.
OSX 10.5 Network Pane