Information Technology Users Group
The IT Users Group provides a link between the views of users of IT across the whole of the University and IT Governance.
The ITUG's purpose is:
- To provide a forum for consultation between IT service providers and representatives of the full spectrum of the University's IT User communities and a mechanism for dissemination of information between the IT Steering Group, University IT providers and the user communities.
The ITUG's remit is to:
- Assist in the dissemination of information relating to IT services and IT Strategy to the user communities.
- Advise on changing user needs, to inform the planning and development of IT services, standards and policies.
- Provide to the ITSteering Group and IT providers the users' point of view on IT policy and the provision of IT services in the University.
- Provide a termly report to the ITSG.
- Receive a termly report from the CIS, updating users of recent and upcoming developments, projects and services.
- Provide reports for other University Committees as required.
- Consider IT matters raised by the Student IT Forum or other bodies in the University which may refer relevant business from time to time.
- Share information on best practice, IT facilities, developments, plans and projects.
The IT Users Group will be chaired by one of the Faculty IT Leads, who sit on IT Steering Group.
Membership will comprise:
- Representative for each academic department/college/service departmentas nominated by the Head of Department/Head of House.
- DSU President and / or nominated representatives.
- The Deputy IT Director Operations & Services and CIS group heads (representing core services), or nominated deputies.
- The Academic IT Team Leaders.
- Other staff or student representatives may be invited to attend as business requires.