Information Technology Steering Group
The IT Steering Group was re-formed in November 2012 as part of new IT governance procedures within the University. The ITSG provides advice to UEC and the CIO, and helps the CIO to ensure IT planning and delivery across the University is joined up.
IT Steering Group is chaired by the UEC IT Lead, who is selected by the Vice-Chancellor from amongst the members of UEC.
The ITSG's remit is:
a) Advise the CIO on the development and updating of the IT Action Plan, including prioritisation of projects within the available resource envelope and recommend approval for additional resources where necessary.
b) Evaluate business plans for IT capital projects, and recommend projects for endorsement by UEC and CPG.
c) Engage with the IT planning of each unit and ensure that the final IT plan for the University is coherent, in line with the IT Strategy, deliverable and properly resourced.
d) Monitor progress against the IT Action Plan and reporting back to UEC.
e) Review progress against Divisional IT plans on a semi-annual basis and report to UEC.
The group meets on a monthly basis.
- Chair - Professor Andrew Deeks (PVC Science)
- Chief Information Officer - Dr Carolyn Brown
- Colleges - Professor David Harper
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities - Dr Mathew Guest
- Faculty of Social Sciences & Health - Professor Danny Donoghue
- Faculty of Science - Professor Stewart Clark
- Professional Support Services - Miss Paulina Lubacz
- Secretariat - Ms Catherine Brewer (CIS)