Eduardo Diaz-Amado, MA Durham
Durham University, Queen's Campus
Wolfson Research Institute
Current research project
Other research interests
Philosophy of Medicine, Clinical Bioethics, Medical Ethics, Medicine & Society, and Medicine & Literature.
Born in Santander, Colombia.
Medicine. National University of Colombia, Bogotá. 1994.
- Postgraduate studies in Bioethics (Specialization). El Bosque University, Bogotá. 1996.
- BA in Philosophy & Literature. Los Andes University, Bogotá. 2005. Dissertation: The Contemporary Medical Practice: Knowledge, Power and Ethics. An overview based on Foucault (Original in Spanish).
- MA in History and Philosophy of Science and Medicine. University of Durham, UK, 2007-08. Dissertation: Notions of good doctoring, with special reference to Colombia before and after the health care reform legislation of 1993.
- Between 1994 and 2003 I worked as emergency room doctor in different hospitals in Bogotá.
- Since 2002 I am researcher and lecturer at the Bioethics Institute, Javeriana University, in Bogotá.