Members of staff
Core staff of the Centre for the History of Medicine and Disease based in the Wolfson Research Institute:
- Professor Andreas-Holger Maehle
Dr. med. (Bonn) Dr. med. habil (Gottingen) PhD (Lond.), Director
- Dr Lutz D.H. Sauerteig
M.A. (Munich) Dr. phil. (Berlin), Senior Lecturer, Deputy Director
- Dr Matthew Eddy
BA, MA, PhD (Durham)
CHMD's activities benefit from the input of staff in other departments of Durham University:
- Professor Peter Atkins, Professor in the Department of Geography (History of Nutrition, History of Tuberculosis)
- Dr Stefano Cracolici, Reader in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures (Medieval and Renaissance Medicine)
- Professor David Knight, Emeritus Professor in the Department of Philosophy (History of Science)
- Dr Cathy McClive, Lecturer in the Department of History (History of Early Modern Medicine)
- Dr Carmen Pena, Teaching Fellow in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures (Medieval Hispano-Arabic Medicine)
- Professor Charlotte Roberts, Professor in the Department of Archaeology (Palaeopathology, History of Disease)
- Daniel Becker, MA (Durham): PhD project on 'The Case of Myxœdema: The Formation, Standardisation and Dissemination of Medical Knowledge in late Nineteenth-Century Britain by means of the Professional Journal'
- Victoria Blake, MA (Durham): PhD project on 'Clinical Science in Newcastle and Durham medical societies, 1848-1914'
- Cheryl Lancaster, MA PhD (Durham): PhD project on 'A History of Stem Cell Research'
- Anita Winkler, Mag. phil. (Vienna): PhD project on 'Representations of Bodies in German Sex Education Films, 1945-70'
- Dr Hans-Georg Hofer, Dr. phil (Graz), University of Bonn, Wolfson Research Institute Visiting Fellow
Dr Iona McCleery, PhD (St Andrews), University of Leeds, Visiting Research Fellow