What happens to my application form?
- Your University on-line application is received and uploaded by the University Banner system
- After approximately 24 hours,the Chemistry Graduate Office can view online applications
- Your application will be checked to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements and that your application is complete. If not, you will be emailed to supply any outstanding documents.
- You will receive an acknowledgement via email that your application has been received by the Department of Chemistry.
- Once your application is complete and two suitable academic references have been received,your application will be sent to the appropriate members of academic staff within the Department for further assessment.
- If your references are satisfactory and there is a reasonable chance of a studentship being available, you will normally be invited to visit the Department or to have a telephone interview to find out more about Durham and to discuss possible research topics with the supervisors concerned.
- When a decision has been made whether to make you an offer, you will be emailed by the Chemistry Graduate Office.
- You will then receive an official offer letter from the UniversityGraduate School.
- Applicants who have their own funding will normally be asked to provide a written financial guarantee (from a grant-awarding body or a bank) that they will be able to meet the fees for the course.
- Please ensure you can checkyour email regularly so that we can maintain contact with you throughout the application process.
If you have any concerns or queries at any point throughout the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com