Crisis Management. A Continuing Professional Development workshop with Dr Mike Nicholson
From natural disasters and political unrest to product safety scares and industrial sabotage, all organisations are prone to crises and managers who encounter a crisis situation must respond rapidly to identify its source, contain it and limit damage. Few managers, however, receive formal training in crisis management so this course is designed to bridge that gap.
Through real-life case studies and a novel simulation exercise, delegates will be placed under pressure to resolve an unfolding crisis over three days, leaving the course with a practical framework for developing and implementing an effective business continuity management plan.
The session will cover some of the following:
- the nature of crisis management
- modelling the crisis process
- the crisis-prone organisation
- the nature of human error
- organisational failures
- the nature of a safety culture
- post-crisis turnaround strategies
- developing the crisis-prepared organisation
- developing and evaluating a crisis management strategy
This workshop is open to DBS Global Learning students, alumni and prospective students.
There is no charge for the event, but spaces are limited so please ensure you book your place.