Professor Parantap Basu, BA, MA, PhD
Parantap is Director of the Centre for Economic Growth and Policy. He currently teaches Macroeconomics and International Finance.
Parantap was a member of the scientific committee for advising European Commission during 2010-2011.
- Asset Pricing
- Business Cycles
- Growth and Inequality
- Economic Growth and Policy
- Basu, P. & Gavin, W.T. (2011). What explains the growth in commodity derivatives?. Federal Bank of St. Louis Review 93(1): 37-48.
- Basu, P. (2010). Government Purchases and the Real Exchange Rate: A Comment. Open Economies Review
- Basu, P. (2009). Too Hungry to Read: Is an Education Subsidy a Misguided Policy for Development?. In Handbook of Research in Cost Benefit Analysis. Brent, R.J. Edward Elgar Publishing Limited.
Journal papers: academic
- Basu, P. & Bhattarai, K.R. (2012). Cognitive Skills, Openness and Growth. Economic Record 88(280): 18-38.
- Basu, P. & Bhattarai, K.R. (2012). Government Bias in Education, Schooling Attainment and Long-run Growth. Southern Economic Journal 79(1): 127-143.
- Basu, P., Gillman, M. & Pearlman, J. (2012). Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 36(7): 1057-1074.
- Basu, P. & Kollmann, R. (2012). Productive Government Purchases and the Real Exchange Rate. The Manchester School In Early View.
- Basu, P. & Thoenissen, C. (2011). International business cycles and the relative price of investment goods. Canadian Journal of Economics 44(2): 580-606.
- Basu, P., Semenov, A. & Wada, K. (2011). Uninsurable Risk and Financial Market Puzzles. Journal of International Money and Finance 30(6): 1055-1089.
- Basu, Parantap & Appelbaum, E. (2010). A New Methodology for Studying the Equity Premium. Annals of Operations Research 176(1): 109-126.
- Basu, P. (2009). Understanding Labour Market Frictions: An Asset Pricing Approach. Bulletin of Economic Research 61(4): 305-324.
- Basu, P. & Guariglia, A. (2008). Does Low Education Delay Structural Transformation?. Southern Economic Journal 75(1): 104-127.
- Basu, P. & Guariglia, A. (2007). Foreign Direct Investment, inequality and growth. Journal of Macroeconomics 29: 824-839.
- Basu, P. & Renstrom, T.I. (2007). Optimal Dynamic Labour Taxation. Macroeconomic Dynamics 11: 567-588.
- Basu, P & Wada, K. (2006). Is low international risk sharing consistent with a high equity premium? A reconciliation of two puzzles. Economics Letters 93(3): 436-442.
- Basu, P. & Bandyopadhyay, D. (2005). What drives the cross-country growth and inequality correlation?. Canadian Journal of Economics = Revue canadienne d'économique 38(4): 1272-1297.
- Basu, P., Chakraborty, C. & Reagle, D. (2003). Liberalization, FDI and growth in developing countries: A panel cointegration approach. Economic Inquiry 41(3): 510-516.
- Basu, P. & Guariglia, A. (2002). Liquidity constraints and the firms' investment return behavior. Economica 69(276): 563-581.
- Basu, P. (2001). Seigniorage, reserve ratio and growth. Journal of Macroeconomics 23(3): 397-416.
- Basu, P. & Samanta, P. (2001). Volatility and stock prices Implications from a production model of asset pricing. Economics Letters 70(2-3): 229-235.
Durham Research Online
Use DRO to find books, journal articles and conference papers written by our researchers.