Professor Rob Dixon, BA, MA
Professor Dixon has been a member of staff in the Business School since 1992. He has held various administrative roles in the School including Chair of the Board of Studies and Director of the MBA Programme.
In 1998 he was promoted to a Chair of Management Accounting. His research interests are broad and include investigations of the contribution of venture capitalists and the impact of regulation on business. He is a highly regarded speaker and has held visiting professorships in Malaysia, Hong Kong, France and Finland.
Professor Dixon is the author of a number of books and articles in the broad field of Management, and has published extensively in learned journals on the broad subject of financial management and performance appraisal. His current research includes corporate finance, governance and control and related accounting issues.
- Financial management
- Financial markets
- Financial modelling
- Management accounting
- Public finance
- Venture capital
- Accounting and Finance
- China Development Group
- Communications Science
- International Accounting and Auditing Studies Group
Journal papers: academic
- Cumming, D. Dixon, R. Hou, W. & Lee, E. (2013). Media Coverage and Foreign Share Discount Puzzle in China. European Journal of Finance Forthcoming.
- Mostafa, W. & Dixon, R. (2013). The impact of earnings extremity on information content of cash flow. Review of Accounting and Finance 12(1): 81-104.
- Salama, A., Habbash, M. & Dixon, R. (2012). An Examination of Environmental Disclosures in UK Corporate Annual Reports. Journal of Accounting, Business and Management 19(1): 2-191-2.
- Habbash, M., Salama, A. Dixon, R. & Hussainy, K. (2012). The effects on non-executive directors' commitment. Journal of Applied Accounting Research Forthcoming.
- Belghitar, Y. & Dixon, R. (2011). Do Venture Capitalists Reduce Underpricing and Underperformance of IPOs?. Applied Financial Economics 22(1): 33-44.
- Dixon, R., Palmer, G., Stradling, B. & Woodhead A. (2008). An Empirical Survey of the Motivation for Share Repurchases in the UK. Managerial Finance 34(12): 886-906.
- Rizk, R., Dixon, R. & Woodhead, A. (2008). Corporate Social and Environmental Reporting: A Survey of Disclosure Practices in Egypt. Social Responsibility Journal 4(3): 306-323.
- Dixon, R., Ritchie, J. & Siwale, J. (2007). Loan officers and loan 'delinquency' in microfinance: A Zambian case. Accounting Forum 31(1): 47-71.
- Dixon, R., Soliman, M. & Woodhead, A.D. (2006). Expanding the audit committee oversight responsibilities. Managerial Auditing Journal 21(3): 293-302.
- Dixon, R., Ritchie. J. & Siwale, J. (2006). Microfinance: Accountability from the grassroots. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal 19(3): 405-427.
- Dixon, R., Mousa, G.A. & Woodhead, A.D. (2005). The role of environmental initiatives in encouraging companies to engage in environmental reporting. European Management Journal 23(6): 702-716.
- Dixon, R., Mousa, G.A. & Woodhead, A.D. (2004). The necessary characteristics of environmental auditors: A review of the contribution of the financial auditing profession. Accounting Forum 28(2): 119-138.
- Dixon, R. & Trenchard, P.M. (2003). The clinical allocation of joint blood product costs. Management Accounting Research 14(2): 165-176.
- Dixon, R. & Trenchard, P.M. (2001). Bipolar value-driven joint product costing. Omega: International Journal of Management Science 29(6): 479-490.
- Woodhead, A., Dixon, R. & Skerratt, L.C.L. (2001). The impact of false rejection risk on posterior audit risk measurement. International Journal of Auditing 5(1): 21–32.
- Mr Epaminondas Katsikas
- Mr Cleanthis Chandriotis
- Ms Eleni Sophocleous
- Miss Karuntarat Boonyawat
- Faleh Alrashidi
- Mr Tuo Lin
- Miss Xiangyun Lu
- Mr Ibrahim Alkandi
- Mr Mohammad Jizi
- Mr Sabri Mohammad
- Miss Elena Platonova
- Mr Konstantinos Totomis
- Mr Ratnam Vijayakumaran
- Miss Lijuan Xiao
- Miss Jiayuan Xin
- Miss Han Liu
- Mr Alija Avdukic
- Miss Elizabeth Castle
- Mr Tamim Binsuliman
- Mr Jihad Al Okaily
- Ms Howida Ahmed
- Mr Ioannis Chasiotis
- Mr. Sumon Das
- Mr Chuanjie Zhang
- Mr. Bilal Al-dah
- Ms Nan Hu
- Mr Tareq Moqbel
Durham Research Online
Use DRO to find books, journal articles and conference papers written by our researchers.