Dr Christos Tsinopoulos, BEng, MSc, PhD
Christos teaches courses on operations and project management at the MBA, executive education, and MSc classes. His research examines various aspects of innovation and supply chain integration in manufacturing and service industries.
He is a member of the executive committee and a lead assessor of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers' Manufacturing Excellence awards, and has been a visiting scholar at Duke University Fuqua Business School.
Christos has a PhD from the University of Warwick as well as Bachelor and Master degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Sheffield. Previously, he has been a research fellow in new product development at the Warwick Manufacturing Group as well as a quality and maintenance engineer for copper and aluminium industries in Greece.
Christos is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Product and Innovation Management an ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Operations Management, the Journal of Management Studies, and Management Decision.
- Operations Strategy
- Technology Management
- Mass Customisation
- Supply Chain Management
- Business and Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Tsinopoulos, C. & Garside, J. (2004). Guide to Manufacturing Excellence. London: PE Publishing.
- Tsinopoulos C. & Adamidis, E. (2012). Operations Management. In The Essential MBA. Miller, S. London: Sage Publications. 185-218.
Journal papers: academic
- Al Zu’bi, Z. & Tsinopoulos, C. (2013). An outsourcing model for lead users: An empirical investigation. Production Planning and Control 24(4-5): 337-346.
- Tsinopoulos, C. & Al Zu'bi, Z.b.M.F. (2012). Clockspeed effectiveness of lead users and product experts. International Journal of Operations & Production Management 32(9): 1097 - 1118.
- Tsinopoulos, C. & Al Zu’bi, Z. (2012). Suppliers versus Lead Users: Examining their Relative Impact on Product Variety. Journal of Product Innovation Management 29(4): 667-680.
- Tsinopoulos, C. & Bell, K. (2010). Supply chain integration systems by small engineering to order companies: the challenge of implementation. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management 21(1): 50-62.
- Fernandes, K. J., Raja, V., White A. & Tsinopoulos, C. (2006). Adoption of virtual reality within construction processes: A factor analysis approach. Technovation 26(1): 111-120.
- McCarthy, I.P., Tsinopoulos, C., Allen, P. & Rose-Anderssen, C. (2006). New Product Development as a Complex Adaptive System of Decisions. Journal of Product Innovation Management 23(5): 437-456.
- Rose-Anderssen, C., Allen, P. M., Tsinopoulos, C. & McCarthy, I. (2005). Innovation in manufacturing as an evolutionary complex system. Technovation 25(10): 1093-1105.
- McCarthy, I.P. & Tsinopoulos, C. (2003). Strategies for agility: an evolutionary and configurational approach. Integrated Manufacturing Systems 14(2): 101-113.
Other publications: research
- Tsinopoulos, C. & McDougal, H. (Published). Supply Chain Integration Configurations: Product Newness and Process Structure. (Finalist for the Chan Ηahn best paper award). Academy of Management: Best Paper Proceedings Forthcoming.
- C Tsinopoulos, D Greenwell, M Macaulay, I MacFadyen & O Vogt (2012). Examining the consequences of Public Procurement Practices in the North East. Teesside University Business School Durham University Business School.
- Ms Ruxin Chen
- Mr Keith Bell
- Miss Teng Teng
- Mr Kurt Scott
- Mr Jeong-woo Choi
- Ms Olga Moutousi
- Mr. Leonard Raphael
- Mr Khaled Awwal
Available for media contact about:
- Business, Economics & Employment: Operations Management & Strategy
- Business matters: Operations Management & Strategy
- Industry: Engineering, manufacturing: Operations Management & Strategy
Durham Research Online
Use DRO to find books, journal articles and conference papers written by our researchers.