Dr Danny Chow, BA, MPhil, PhD
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Danny joined the Business School in September 2009. He was previously at the University of London and Manchester Business School. Danny's main research interest is in organizational aspects of accounting (accounting reforms in the public sector and accounting change). He is a member of the ACCA's public sector accounting committee and of Durham University Business School's ethics committee.
Potential areas of supervision: topics on public sector (government) accounting, and/or at the nexus of topics within accounting, organizations and society.
- Public sector accounting
- Organisational aspects of accounting reforms
- Accounting and Finance
- Critical Studies Group
- International Accounting and Auditing Studies Group
- Chow, D.S.L., Humphrey, C. & Miller, P. (2005). Financial Management in the UK Public Sector: Historical Development, Current Issues, and Controversies. In International Public Financial Management Reform: Progress, Contradictions, and Challenges. Guthrie, J., Humphrey, C., Jones, L. & Olson, O. USA: Information Age Press. 283-322.
Journal papers: academic
- Brusca, I., Montesinos, V. & Chow, D.S.L. (2013). Legitimating International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS): The Case of Spain. Public Money and Management Forthcoming.
- Purcell, C. & Chow, D.S.L. (2011). The reorganization of Children’s Social Services in England: Emergent themes. Public Money and Management 31(6): 403-410.
- Chow, D. S. L., Humphrey, C. & Moll, J. (2009). New development: In pursuit of WGA — Research findings from the UK. Public Money and Management 29(4): 257-260.
- Chow, D.S.L., Humphrey, C. & Moll, J. (2007). Developing Whole of Government Accounting in the UK: Grand Claims, Practical Complexities and a Suggested Future Research Agenda. Financial Accountability and Management 23(1): 27-54.
- Duxbury, D., Keasey, K. Zhang, H. & Chow, S.L. (2005). Mental Accounting and Decision Making: Evidence under Reverse Conditions where Money is Spent for Time Saved. Journal of Economic Psychology 26(4): 567-580.
- Chow, D.S.L., Humphrey, C. & Moll, J. (2008). Whole of Government Accounting in the UK. The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Durham Research Online
Use DRO to find books, journal articles and conference papers written by our researchers.