Dr Martin Robson, BA, MA, PhD
Martin is currently Director of Undergraduate Admissions. Prior to joining the University in 2000, he lectured for a number of years at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Martin's main teaching and research interests are in the fields of Labour Economics and Industrial organisation,.
- Regional labour markets
- Small business and entrepreneurship, in particular the economics of self-employment
- The economic impact of labour market institutions
Journal papers: academic
- Radulescu, R. & Robson, M. (2013). Does labour market flexibility matter for investment? A study of manufacturing in the OECD. Applied Economics 45(5): 581-592.
- Reimann, N. & Robson, M. (2012). Using seen examination questions in economics: an evaluation. Journal of Further and Higher Education Forthcoming.
- Robson, M.T. (2009). Structural Change, Employment Specialization and Regional Labour Market Performance: Evidence for the UK. Applied Economics 41(3): 275-293.
- Radulescu, R. & Robson, M. (2008). Trade Unions, Wage Bargaining Coordination and Foreign Direct Investment. Labour 22(4): 661-678.
- Robson, M.T. (2007). Explaining Cross-National Variations in Entrepreneurship: the Role of Social Protection and Political Culture. Comparative Labor Law & Policy Journal 28(4): 863-92.
- Robson, MT (2006). Sectoral shifts, employment specialization and the efficiency of matching An analysis using UK regional data. Regional Studies 40(7): 743-754.
- Parker, S.C. & Robson, M.T. (2004). Explaining international variations in self-employment Evidence from a panel of OECD countries. Southern Economic Journal 71(2): 287-301.
- Robson, M. T. (2003). Does stricter employment protection legislation promote self-employment?. Small Business Economics 21(3): 309-319.
- Robson, M. T. (2003). Housing markets and regional unemployment flows in Great Britain. The Manchester School 71(2): 132-155.
- Robson, M. & Barlow, D. (2002). Have unincorporated businesses in the UK been constrained in their access to bank finance?. Applied Financial Economics 12(9): 673-680.
- Robson, M. T. (2001). Regional variations in the competitiveness of unemployed job-seekers and the rate of outflows from unemployment. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics 63(1): 61-90.
Available for media contact about:
- Economics: competition policy
- Economics: trends in self-employment and small business development
- Employment: national and regional labour market trends
- Regional Economy: national and regional labour market trends
Durham Research Online
Use DRO to find books, journal articles and conference papers written by our researchers.