Parantap Basu (Director) researches issues such as inequality and growth, finance and growth, FDI and growth, education and growth, malnutrition and growth. Parantap was a member of the scientific committee for advising European Commission during 2010-2011.
Anurag Banerjee is the centre's lead econometrician. He also has an active interest in education and agricultural policy.
Guido Cozzi works on endogenous growth, dynamic macroeconomics, innovation, intellectual property rights, indeterminacy and sunspot equilibria. He is a top 10% Repec author in the field of innovation and intellectual property rights.
Richard Harris' research focuses on estimates of productivity at the firm-level, and how to use these to consider issues such as productivity growth in the UK due to inward FDI, and differences in such growth across spatial areas.
Daniel Li, researches on contract theory, industrial organization, as well as the incentive and institutional issues in development.
Laura Marsiliani researches environmental economics - pertinent for understanding the link between environment, health and growth.
Anamaria Nicolae works on exploring the effects of disinflationary monetary policies on output growth and the optimal speed of disinflation in new-Keynesian DSGE models.
Eshref Trushin's interests lie in Corporate Finance, Industrial Organisation, Innovation and International Development.
Post DoctoralResearch Fellow
Yoseph Getachew researches infrastructure, distribution and growth.
PhD Students/Teaching Assistants
Sakib Amin researches electricity consumption and socio-economic development in Bangladesh
Shesadri Banerjee researches monetary policy and inflation
Brett Manning researches inequality and financial crisis
Eun Young Oh researches growth and financial liberalization
Agnirup Sarkar researches economic development and the Stock Market.
Sigit Wibowo researches the impact of risk-sharing in social networks to household welfare
Manzoor Ahmed researches the political economy of fiscal decentralisation and its relationship with poverty
- Sumru Altuğ, Koç University
- Elie Appelbaum, York University, Canada
- Keith Blackburn, Manchester
- Satyajit Chatterjee, Federal Reserve Bank, Philadelphia
- Simon Derrick, Managing Director, Bank of New York Mellon
- John Driffill, Birkbeck
- Pami Dua, Delhi School of Economics
- William T. Gavin, Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis
- Sayantan Ghosal, Warwick
- Max Gillman, Cardiff
- Artis Kancs, European Commission
- Nobu Kiyotaki, LSE/Princeton
- Rajnish Mehra, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Patrick Minford, Cardiff
- John H. Moore, Edinburgh/LSE
- B. Ravikumar, Federal Reserve Bank, St Louis
- Kunal Sen, University of Manchester
- Karl Shell, Cornell University