Publication details for Prof Birgit SchynsRigotti, T., Schyns, B. & Mohr, G. (2008). A short version of the Occupational self-efficacy scale. Structural and construct validity across five countries. Journal of Career Assessment 16(2): 238-255.
- Publication type: Journal papers: academic
- ISSN/ISBN: 1069-0727, 1552-4590
- DOI: 10.1177/1069072707305763
- Keywords: Occupational self-efficacy, Validity, Cross-national research.
- View online: Online version
- Durham research online: DRO record
Author(s) from Durham
Occupational self-efficacy is an important resource for individuals in organizations. To be able to compare the occupational self-efficacy of employees across different countries, equivalent versions of the standard instruments need to be made available in different languages. In this article, the authors report on the structural and construct validity of an instrument that assesses occupational self-efficacy across five countries (Germany, Sweden, Belgium, United Kingdom, Spain), based on an overall sample of N =1,535. The instrument can be recommended for comparative use in German, Swedish, Belgian, Spanish, and British organizational contexts.