The library holds an extensive range of business and finance materials, including:
- a specialist collection of business, finance and management books
- over 10,000 journals available on-line
- doctoral, MBA and Masters dissertations
- a complete collection of Business School working papers, and holdings from other UK and internationally renowned business schools
- a reference collection covering most major business directories and other paper-based resources.
The library computer suite provides access to both CD-ROM and online databases. Library subscriptions allow access to up-to-date journal, financial and market research information, from sources such as FAME, Mintel, IMID, European Business asap and Pro-Quest.
There is a well of information available via the following online databases: Searchbank, Emerald, Ebsco Business Source Premier, FAME, Mintel, Web of Science, OCLC Firstsearch, Lexis-Nexis, Reuter's Business Insight, Datamonitor Business Information Centre, Global Access via Thomson Research, IMF Statistical Service Online, Thomson - One Banker Deals, Factiva and Datastream.
You also have full access to the main University library. Durham's libraries, archives and museums are internationally renowned, and provide excellent resources for postgraduate study in the humanities, social science, and science.
Durham University’s IT service offers you access to a wide range of machines and services at sites across the university, including:
- 24/7 access to the Computer Centre
- classrooms of networked computers with access to core software, interactive learning materials, internet access and high speed printers
- ITS helpdesk
- Durham University Online (duo) - the University's virtual learning environment
In addition, the IT suites are equipped with all the equipment you would expect to find in a leading business school, giving you access to the following:
- core software
- University central online systems and externally provided facilities
- the Internet
- laser printers and document scanners
- USB connections
You will also have access to computing facilities provided by your college.