Why a PhD?
- studying at PhD level is a challenging and stimulating experience
- develop your analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills to the highest level
- be part of a vibrant, lively and welcoming research-led community
- make yourself stand out in the job market: our postgraduates are in high demand, with the majority finding employment right away, either in universities or in industry.
Durham University Business School is the ideal place to gain your qualification. Our expertise, innovative approach and academic rigour ensure our place as a world-class business school and our relevance for both today and tomorrow's business world.
- an internationally renowned and research-led business school
- RAE ranking: 95% of our research is of International Quality and above.
- ESRC-recognition for all research degrees
- an excellent research training programme to get you off to a good start
- a truly international community, with students and staff from over 100 countries
- the School is ranked 14 in the UK and 41 in Europe in the FT European Business Schools rankings
- triple accreditation: AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) accreditation and AMBA (Association of MBAs)
- study in an environment of innovation and enterprise in a beautiful and historic location
Find a Supervisor
Successful admission to the programme, is dependent upon meeting our entry criteria and our capacity to provide relevant supervision for your research.
Before making an application, you should familiarise yourself with the research interests of our academics to make sure that we are able to supervise your research: