The library holds an extensive range of business and finance materials, including:
- a specialist collection of business, finance and management books
- over 10,000 journals available on-line
- doctoral, MBA and Masters dissertations
- a complete collection of Business School working papers, and holdings from other UK and internationally renowned business schools
- a reference collection covering most major business directories and other paper-based resources.
The library computer suite provides access to both CD-ROM and online databases. Library subscriptions allow access to up-to-date journal, financial and market research information, from sources such as FAME, Mintel, IMID, European Business asap and Pro-Quest.
There is a wealth of information available via the following online databases: Searchbank, Emerald, Ebsco Business Source Premier, FAME, Mintel, Web of Science, OCLC Firstsearch, Lexis-Nexis, Reuter's Business Insight, Datamonitor Business Information Centre, Global Access via Thomson Research, IMF Statistical Service Online, Thomson - One Banker Deals, Factiva and Datastream.
Library opening hours:
Weekdays: 9.00am - 8.00pm
Saturdays: 9.00am - 1.00pm
You also have full access to the main University library. Durham's libraries, archives and museums are internationally renowned, and provide excellent resources for postgraduate study in the humanities, social science, and science. Find out more>>
Durham University’s IT service offers you access to a wide range of machines and services at sites across the university, including:
- 24/7 access to the Computer Centre
- classrooms of networked computers with access to core software, interactive learning materials, internet access and high speed printers
- ITS helpdesk
- Durham University Online (duo) - the University's virtual learning environment
In addition, Durham University Business School has IT suites equipped with all the equipment you would expect to find in a leading business school, giving you access to the following:
- core software
- University central online systems and externally provided facilities
- the Internet
- laser printers and document scanners
- USB connections
These suites are open from 07.30 to 22.00.
You also have access to computing facilities provided by your college.
Lecture theatresThe School’s teaching facilities include two lecture theatres and a variety of conference and seminar rooms. All teaching rooms are equipped with IT and AV facilities, including networked PCs with laptop connections, visualisers or overhead projectors, DVD and video players.
Eleni Sophocleous (MSc 2005-06) talks about facilities at the School.