Rigorous entry standards and targeted recruitment mean that we are able to create MBA cohorts with exceptional talent, experience and potential, drawn from all parts of the world and from all business sectors.
The Durham MBA has the following entry criteria:
- A bachelor degree from a good/recognised US degree awarding institution. We normally expect candidates to achieve a GPA of 3.3.
- At least three (but preferably five) years' work experience since graduation of a supervisory or managerial nature.
- If your first language is not English: IELTS score of 7.0 or TOEFL score of 613 (250 CBT). If your education was instructed in English, IELTS/TOEFL are not normally required. Candidates who do not meet the entry criteria for English language proficiency may be made an offer conditional upon successful completion of a pre-sessional English language programme. Please contact us for further details.
Please also consult the Entry Requirements and Application advice.
If you would like to discuss your qualifications, please contact:
Postgraduate Admissions Office
Tel: +44 (0)191 334 5533
How to apply
Applications should be made using the online application form, which is completed in two stages. Please read these notes before you begin your application: Guidance Notes (PDF). You might find it helpful to print this document to refer to later.
Please then send your supporting documents to:
Postgraduate Admissions Office, Durham University Business School,
Mill Hill Lane, Durham, DH1 3LB, UK
Fax: +44 (0) 191 334 5136
Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 5533
We will confirm receipt of your application by email when we receive it. Applications are then passed to our Admissions Tutors for a decision. If all supporting documents are received with your application we can usually contact you within 2 weeks with a final decision. You can check the progress of your application online using your student reference number.
We invite all applicants who pass the initial review stage of the application process to attend an interview at Durham. This gives you the opportunity to discuss your choice, and see the school and city. We hold several MBA preview events every year when interviews can be arranged. See forthcoming preview events and book a place online.
We understand of course that it may not be practical for you to attend an interview in Durham, so we offer the following options:
- an interview at an overseas location
- video conferencing interview
- telephone interview
- further written information in support of your application.
"They took my work history into consideration and said I was exempted from the GMATs which was really favourable for me." Silke K-O