Travelling to Durham
Durham is easily accessible by air, rail and road. Direct international connections are available via Newcastle International Airport. Durham is also situated close to the A1(M) London to Edinburgh road and is on the main East coast London to Scotland rail line.
The closest airports are Newcastle International and Durham Tees Valley Airports (approximately 30 minutes from the Business School).
Durham station lies on the East Coast main line. High speed trains takes just under 3 hours from London King's Cross.
Durham is 264 miles from London, 187 miles from Birmingham, 125 miles from Edinburgh.
Durham city centre is 2 miles from the A1(M), a major north-south route.
Travelling to Durham University Business School
A programme of works to expand and develop Durham University Business School's facilities at Mill Hill Lane starts in April 2012. The site works will last for approximately 18 months during which time staff and students will relocate across three sites in Durham (Elvet Hill House, Green Lane and Ushaw College). This is in addition to our existing presence at Old Elvet and Queen's Campus.
- The main facilities, including teaching accommodation, bedroom accommodation and catering, are based in Ushaw College, Durham DH7 9RH.
- The Doctoral Office, Masters Office and Global Learning Centre are based at Elvet Hill House, Elvet Hill Road, Durham, DH1 3TH.
- The Dean's Office, Learning & Teaching, Finance & Operations, Marketing, and Accounting & Finance are based at Green Lane, Durham City, DH1 3LA.
Directions to the various sites are given below.
(Please scroll down for map.)
- Leave the A1(M) at junction 62
- At roundabout take A690 signposted Durham/Consett
- At roundabout, go straight over on A690 to City Centre (1.8m)
- At roundabout, go straight over on A690 to Crook (0.4m)
- At traffic lights, go straight over on A690 to Crook (0.2m)
- At roundabout, take 3rd exit on A690 to Crook (0.3m)
- At traffic lights bear right on A690 to Crook (0.2m)
- At traffic lights, turn right on A167 to Newcastle / Chester-le-Street (0.4m)
- Continue on A167 until traffic lights, at lights turn left to Ushaw College / Bearpark (0.3m)
- Continue through Bearpark, then turn right into Ushaw College as signposted (2.6m)
Google Maps and Sat Nav users please use postcode DH7 9RH.
Directions to other sites
- Green Lane, Durham DH1 3LA - number 35 [H4] on the University map
- Elvet Hill House, Elvet Hill Road, Durham DH1 3TH - grid reference B8 on the University map
- Department of Economics, Old Elvet, Durham DH1 3HY - number 39 [F3] on the University map
- Queen's Campus, Stockton, University Boulevard, Stockton-on-Tees TS17 6BH - Travelling to Queen's Campus
Ushaw College on Google Maps