Opening Times & Admission Charges
The Botanic Garden is open almost every day of the year, including Easter and Bank Holidays. The only time the Garden closes is during the Christmas to New Year period, when the University is closed.
Seasonal opening times are :
- 10am to 4pm (November until the end of February)
- 10am to 5pm (March until the end of October)
GUIDE DOGS ONLY in the garden.
Durham University Campus Card Holders Free
Please show your Campus Card at the Counter
- Adults - £4.00
- Concessions - £3.00
- Children & Students - £1.50
- Infants (under 5) - Free
- Helper/carers - Free
- Group rate - £3.50 per person based on 10 and above (only available on pre-booked groups)
- School visits - pupils £2.00 - teachers/helpers - Free
Season Ticket (valid 1 year from purchase)
- Adults - £15.00
- Concessions - £10.00
- Children and Students - £6.00
- Family (2 adults, 2 children) - £40.00
*Definition of admission categories :
Concession - over 60s, wheelchair users and registered disabled.
Children - 5yrs or over, under 16 yrs
Students - any ages, on production of a current student card.
Helper/carer - this is defined as a person dedicated to the full time care of a specific person on a 1:1 basis. A helper/carer is not someone who is part of a group and generally doesn't need to offer personal assistance to an individual, merely there as part of the group visit. Helper/carers have free entry on the understanding they are not visiting the garden, but are there to facilitate the visit for the person they are assisting.