The Research Commercialisation team is part of the Business & Innovation Services (DBIS)and acts as the point of focus for the commercialisation of technologies arising from Durham research. We have a proven track record for the commercial exploitation of new products, processes and strategies arising from the internationally lead research base.
Our aim is to:
- Commercialise the outputs of the research activity of the University, acheived through the identification of technologies with commercial potential and to protect, develop and commercialise through sale, licensing, business and industry collaboration.
- Where appropriate, to take innovative new technologies to the marketplace through spin out vehicles and to nurture and support these early stage ventures.
- To maintain a climate in which the exploitation of Intellectual Property generated in the course of research activity is a normal and automatic consideration.
(Read more about the team)
Services to Business
Information for Staff & Students
- Do you have a research disclosure?
- Or an idea for setting up a business?
- Need advice on Agreements - Materials Transfer & Confidentiality
- Seeking Funding Options - Development & Commercial
- General information about Copyright, Know-How
- Legal Information - Intellectual Property, Regulations
- Enter the Regional Blueprint Competition.
- How we can help YOU! - Staff and Students