Consultancy activity by individual members of staff benefits both the individual and the University. Consultancy enables University knowledge to be transferred to business and the wider community; it is a key part of our business engagement activity.
The management of individual staff consultancy is supported by Durham Business & Innovation Services (DBIS).
Please note that:
- Consultancy projects must be registered and authorised using the consultancy process administered by DBIS.
- The Treasurer is the only authorised signature of legal contracts for the University, including consultancy contracts.
- The University insurances for public liability and professional indemnity apply to consultancy project if a consultancy agreement is in place.
- If you wish to engage in consultancy but don’t wish to go through the University process then please contact DBIS also.
This section of the website can help you to:
- Find out what support DBIS offers.
- Understand the process of delivering consultancy through the University.
- Locate other consultancy units within the University.
- Differentiate between the types of consultancy the University recognises.
Our general contact information is:
Dr Jennifer Thompson – Head of Business Development
Dr Pamela Robinson – Business Development Manager
Dianne Whatcott – Business Development Officer