Welcome to the Durham University Archaeology Department, one of the largest of its kind in the world. Fourth for our subject in both the Times Good University Guide 2013 and the Complete University Guide 2013, such high rankings are a testament to the research-led community we have built and the expertise we share with our valued students. Judged best in the UK for Archaeology research following the Research Assessment Exercise of 2008, many of our academics have literally 'written the book' on their subject and are the editors of prominent archaeological journals, including Antiquity. As a result, we can offer you high quality teaching, a positive student experience, and crucially, enhanced employability.
- Ballesteros-Arias, P., Güimil-Fariña, A., Lopez-Romero, E. Estudo arqueolóxico do Parque Nacional Marítimo-Terrestre das Illas Atlánticas de Galicia. Prospección superficial e vulnerabilidade. CAPA 33, Instituto de Ciencias del Patrimonio (Incipit-CSIC); 2013.
- Lopez-Romero, E., Daire, M.Y. The ICARE project: Insights into de formation and consolidation of Archaeology in Western France (ca. 1850-1990). Bulletin of the History of Archaeology. 2013;23:3.
- Sauer,E. Rekavandi, H.O. Wilkinson, T.J. , Nokandeh, J. Persia’s Imperial Power In Late Antiquity: Sasanian Frontier Walls, Forts And Landscapes Of Northern Iran. Oxbow, Oxford; 2013.
- 2012-2017 Corpus of Anglo Saxon Stone Sculpture (£24935.00 from The British Academy) investigated by Sarah Semple
- 2012-2017 Corpus of Anglo Saxon Stone Sculpture (£24935.00 from The British Academy) investigated by Rosemary Cramp
- Finding the Samnites: fieldwork in upper Sangro valley, British Academy, £9941 investigated by Robert Witcher
- Development of Urban Settlement in Roman Italy, EU Marie Curie Fellow Dr Jamie Sewell, £143,122 investigated by Robert Witcher
- 2012-2013 Understanding the Birth of a Capital (£5580.00 from The British Academy) investigated by Tom Moore
- 2010-2013 IP 2. Landscape, Authority and Power.... (£114974.40 from HERA) investigated by Sarah Semple
Contact DetailsDurham University
Dept of Archaeology
T: 44(0)191 334-1100
F: 44(0)191 334-1101