We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to tell you about changes in our services, future events and developments, or other information we think you'll find of interest.
All the information you give us is private and secure. We do not currently sell or rent information about our customers, and would not do so without asking you first. Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Data protection policy statement
The Museum of Archaeology uses all reasonable endeavours to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the following principles:
- Personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Data should only be obtained for a specified purpose and should not be used for any other purpose.
- Personal data should be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to its purpose.
- Personal data should be accurate and up to date.
- Personal data should not be kept longer than is needed for its intended purpose.
- Personal data should be processed in accordance with the rights of the individual which the information concerns.
- Appropriate measures should be taken against unlawful processing or destruction of records.
- Personal data should not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
This means that we will put systems and processes in place which aim to ensure that personal data will only be held by the Museum of Archaeology if it is required for legitimate purposes, is obtained with the permission of the person to whom it relates and used for the purposes for which it was obtained, is held securely, is not held for longer than it is needed and is not disclosed without the necessary authority.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the Data Protection Act 1998 please see the UK Government Data Protection website