The Library supports the academic work of the University by the provision of appropriate resources and services. Library staff want to enable all postgraduates to make the fullest use of these. Through the Faculty Postgraduate Training Courses you will have a formal opportunity to learn more about the services offered by the Library. For subject-specific support throughout the year you can contact the Liaison librarians for your subject, and enquiry desk staff will be glad to assist with general enquiries.
Skills training and guidance
- Support for new students including how to effectively search the library catalogue and a range of library tours
- University Training Courses provide online booking for face-to-face training for all members of the University, and the Library runs sessions at several points in the year.
- Basic online training is also available.
- Individual consultations with the Liaison Librarian for your subject - you can arrange to meet a member of staff to discuss your particular requirements and information needs.
- Library guides
- Subject resources
- Research collections
- Library catalogue
- Online resources
- Keeping up-to-date
- Document Delivery Service
- Bibliographic software - Endnote
- Journal Citation Reports
- Archives and Special Collections
- New copy service for part-time students
- Accessing other libraries
- Disability support
- Premia - resources for disabled postgraduate research students