Consultancy and Support
The CARD can offer:
- consultancy to individuals, for example:
- observation of teaching and confidential feedback;
- developing teaching, learning and assessment;
- developing research supervision;
- preparing applications for university awards for excellence in teaching;
- preparing applications for the University's awards for excellence in research supervision;
- preparing applications for recognition as an Associate or Fellow with the Higher Education Academy.
- consultancy to Departments, for example:
- enhancing strategies for assessment and feedback;
- enhancing strategies for research supervision;
- facilitating annual reviews.
For a discussion of consultancy opportunities, please contact Dr Stan Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org or on 46525).
We may be able to offer financial support for individuals to develop their teaching and learning or doctoral supervision by attending external events or for Departmental activities, e.g. away days, to enhance teaching and learning and/or doctoral supervision. Please note that funding is subject to prior approval by the Head of CARD. Criteria are:
- that the funding should relate to activities in relation to teaching, learning, assessment or research supervision (funding to support attendance at research conferences should be sought from Departments);
- that there should be a clear rationale and statement of the likely benefits;
- that there should be a statement of the costs likely to be entailed.
Applications should be made to Dr Stan Taylor (email@example.com) A condition of funding is to prepare a short report on the event, which may be published in 'Quality Enhancement at Durham'.